Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

S.O.A.P. Titus 2 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.











Scripture
Titus 2:7-8
In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.

Observation
Paul really pushes Titus in teaching the people how to act but adds that he must be the example.  Titus is going to have to model what godly living looks like before telling others to live that way.  There is integrity in what is said when it is lived out first.

Application
It would be easy to say this or that, and point to someone else and say because they say so.  However, there would be no accountability to what you teach or say.  Integrity keeps you accountable to what you say to others and how you live.  The challenge though is to take serious what we say, and how and why we say it.  My words and actions speak volumes to everyone.

Prayer
Father I can so easily misguide others by what I say and do.  Guard my lips and heart that I may not sin against you.  Help me to be quick to admit any faults.  Help me to walk faithfully and humbly before you that I may stay tinder to others.  In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment