Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, May 14, 2012

S.O.A.P. Titus 1 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.












Scripture
Titus 1:16
They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

Observation
There are some people in this world that love to use Christianity for their gain and are far from knowing Jesus.  Saying you go to church, pray, and read scripture, doesn’t mean you are a Christ follower or know Jesus.  That just means you do some good things.  The time has to come when words are not necessary because people know after being with me that God loves them.

Application
I want to be known for loving well--loving God with all that he has entrusted to me from the seen to the unseen.  I don’t want to be known for what I have accomplished but by how they sensed Jesus in me.  For that to take place, there needs to be an emptying of me and an over flowing of Jesus.  “I” get in the way too much of Jesus wanting to show himself off.        

Prayer
May I decrease so that you, Jesus, increase in me.  I desire for you to be known in all that I do and say.  Help me to set my “self” aside and let you lead and guide this day, in your name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment