Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

S.O.A.P Titus 3 Hope


To read this chapter click here.












Scripture
Titus 3:2-7
They must not slander anyone and must avoid quarreling. Instead, they should be gentle and show true humility to everyone.Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other.
 But—“When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love,he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.”

Observation
God poured out his grace and mercy on us as believers. Without his grace and mercy, we would be in the same place as those we judge.  Because of this, we should be humble and show kindness to everyone because we are no better than them. We as believers have a new life in Christ. Not because of anything we have done but because God generously showed us love through giving us his Son. This new life should be evident to all in the way we humbly show Christ’s love to others.

Application
I am no better than anyone else, yet I look down others who have become “slaves to lusts and pleasures”. Instead of talking about people who are caught up in a sinful lifestyle, I should show them love, mercy, and grace just like Christ has shown me. I have no room for pride because God saved me purely out of his mercy. I did not earn anything and I still stumble.

Prayer
Lord, please forgive me for talking about “sinners” behind their backs instead of showing them love and mercy. Thank you for your mercy and grace you have shown me despite my sinful heart. Thank you for loving me so much that you gave your Son to die for me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment