Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

S.O.A.P. II Timothy 2 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.










Scripture
2 Timothy 2:7
Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.

Observation
Timothy was a young pastor who was in need of much more life experience and wisdom.  Reflecting on things that have been said to me by those that have left a mark in my life has proven to be enriching. Whether the things said were wrong and hurtful or encouraging and inspiring it is worthy of giving it thought and energy to extract the lessons behind them all.  Yet reflecting is not something that comes easily, especially in the practice of listening to God.

Application
God is constantly speaking to us through creation, life events, others, His word, and His Spirit.  A great place to begin is to listen and familiarize oneself with His voice is His word.  But, you can’t listen much or think through things until you quiet yourself.  He has revealed much of Himself through his word and there are many things he wants for us to understand, but unless we take the time to reflect and think through what He has said, we will miss out on the truths that could transform our lives.

Prayer
Father quiet my heart that I may hear you alone.  May you help me to be still and know that I am in need of your voice alone.  Help me to set aside the stuff that is secondary and focus on what matters most, that is your voice.  In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment