Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

S.O.A.P. II Thessalonians 3 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.













Scripture
2 Thessalonians 3:7-8
For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you.

Observation
There was nothing idle about Paul in his dealing with those he served.  Paul wasn’t about being a burden to anyone.  He went as far as trying make sure he paid for his own food, made his own money, not depending on others to support him.  Yet he continued to wait upon the coming of Christ.  Actively waited on the coming of Christ.

Application
I am active when I engage God in disciplines of reading scripture, prayer, being apart of a community of believers, serving in what God would have me serve.  I am waiting in God as I do these things trusting that in silence and solitude, He will lead me to do what needs to be done next.  I can’t depend on others to do what only God can do in me and through.  No one else can care for my soul or no one else will be giving an answer on my behalf to Jesus when I stand face to face with Him.

Prayer
Jesus as we wait on your arrival may we have the conscious to do what you have called us to do.  Help me not to be idle but actively waiting on your arrival.  Come Lord and meet with today as I wait upon your arrival.  In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment