Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Thursday, April 26, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Timothy 1 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.










Scripture
1 Timothy 1:16
But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Observation
Paul considered himself worst of sinners.  He didn’t think too high of himself that he couldn’t relate to others.  He understood that he was susceptible to falling like any other man.  Yet this proper perspective to his vulnerability kept him in honest.

Application
Honesty keeps us grounded in the reality of who we are and the greatness of God’s mercy.  Being truthful with ourselves grants us a different perspective on how vulnerable we really are and our need for God.  Yet many don’t really think they need God.  Many don’t think their hearts are that bad according to their own standards.  And so it hinders their understanding of Jesus’ immense patience and love for them.  We are all in need of a transformed heart. We all miss the mark and fall short.  All of us are need of Jesus.

Prayer
Jesus I am in so much need of you.  For too long I did life without you and ran into dead end roads, places that left me empty inside.  Grant me a proper perspective on life and you.  I thank you for finding me and letting realize how much I needed you.  I praise you and thank you for that.  In Christ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment