Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

S.O.A.P. II Thessalonians 2 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.













Scripture
2 Thessalonians 2:4
He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Observation
The person described here is seen to be extremely defiant and pretentious.  He is described as one with much audacity in thinking he himself is bigger and better than God.  The person would think that God is unnecessary in his life.  Deceitfulness and cunning will be his forte, and he is full of evil.  Yet by “the breath of his mouth”, and the “splendor of his coming” Jesus will expose  and overthrow him.

Application
Though this passage speaks of someone else portraying these qualities, I would be deceived to believe that I or anyone couldn’t live today with the same attitude.  I display these same attitudes when I look after myself more than the interest of others.  When I am more concerned about me than those closest around me and don’t care, then there is a problem.  In our attitudes and decision making, we can easily make ourselves to be god and dismiss his existence.  Yet Jesus’ mere presence can dispel this.  Through Jesus the chains of self are broken and I can surrender to his leading.  Jesus is God and I am not.  I think all of us need a bit of his life giving breath and the splendor of his presence in our lives.

Prayer
Jesus, you have dismantled the powers of the enemy at the cross and sit enthroned in glory and majesty.  I confess sometimes I think that I am you.  My attitude stinks and I don’t even notice it.  I ask that you may expose what needs to be exposed in me by your presence and give me the strength to surrender to you.  I want you to lead me, not myself.  In your name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment