Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, April 23, 2012

II Thessalonians 1 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.











Scripture
2 Thessalonians 1:6-7
God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you  and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels.

Observation
Paul reminds the Thessalonians that God is just even in their persecution.  He is fair, he is true, and if he ever fails to be so he fails to be God.  He is full of justice and mercy all at once.  Everything that deserves justice will be dealt with by him.  Inspite of we experience here on earth God is in the business of restoring all of creation beginning with the heart of men.

Application
I often see and experience things like others know that things shouldn’t be that way.  In the face of injustice we ask questions like where is God in all of this, why hasn’t he done something about it.  But one thing I am remind of is that he did do something about injustice over two thousand years ago through Jesus Christ.  His death, burial, and resurrection offers forgiveness of our sins, it has defeated death, and broken the power of sin that leads to all kinds of injustice.    

Prayer
Father you are so faithful and just.  I praise you because even when I don’t understand what this world is up to you have it all under control.  I thank you for your Son and the power of your Spirit.  As I go about today may you help me to see how I could join you in the restorative work of your Spirit in this injustice world.  In Christ name I pray.  

No comments:

Post a Comment