Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Friday, April 13, 2012

Colossians 3 Oscar Dupuy


To Read this chapter click here.










Scripture
Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Observation
Throughout this chapter, Paul tells the Christ followers to do many things. Yet in this one sentence he sums it all up.  "In the name of Jesus" is what he wanted the hearers to get.

Application
It would be easy for me to do things today for my purpose or even the purpose of others.  However, what would my life look like if everything I do is done in the name of Jesus?  Spoken words or thoughts would all be in the name of Jesus.  I think that would make me think twice of what I would say or do.  So before I watch TV or get on the computer or call someone or engage in a conversation, I can do it in His name, inviting Jesus into whatever I do, ultimately to do life with Him.

Prayer
Jesus, I so desire for you to be a part of everything I do and say.  I so desire to be aware of your presence.  I confess that many times I forget the reality of you being with me in everything I do.  May everything I do be in your name so that your presence will be acknowledged and embraced in that moment.  In your name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment