Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Friday, April 13, 2012

Colossians 4 Oscar Dupuy

To READ this chapter click here.











Scripture
Colossians 4:17
Tell Archippus: “See to it that you complete the ministry you have received in the Lord.”

Observation
In the Message translation it says do your best in the job you received.  Although it is not clear what exactly Archippus was doing or responsible of, it didn’t matter.  Whatever he was up to, it was something to be done at his best and completed.  There is a since of stewardship of his responsibility in what he was involved with.

Application
It is easy to do just enough just to get by.  God has invited us into a process that he has been up to for ages, that is the redemption of the world through Christ.  It is something that can be taken lightly or seriously.   Never the less it is it matters to the heart of God.  If that means surrendering to Him, joining a church, small group, or serving, in that context a responsibility of listening and joining God will be present and it will be something that that needs to be done completely and to the best of our abilities.

Prayer
Jesus so many times I have taken lightly the call to follow you.  You have given all you have so might die to himself and live with and through you.  Forgive me for making my life out to be all about me.  Forgive me for giving you left over of myself.  I commit to you today all that I am and ask that you may open the eyes of my heart that I might see what you may be inviting me into with you.  In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment