Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Colossians 2 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.









Scripture
Colossians 2:6-76 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live yourlives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as youwere taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Observation
Apparently the people Paul was writing to had some challenges when it cameto staying connected to what mattered most.  Later in the chapter it is noted that there were old habits and beliefs creeping in to sway them away from the power of Christ's death on the cross and resurrection.  Paul knew that if people were to become the kind of people Jesus desired, they would have to live in Him.

Application
Living in Christ is what matters.  In the culture we live in today, everyone wants to tell me how I should live, what things I need, and how I need to be a part of something if I am ever going to be somebody. Listening to those voices and trying to keep up with them is tiring.  There is only one voice that really knows what I need.  Living in Christ leads to the idea that life is meant to lived with God.  Through Jesus' death and resurrection, it is possible for me set all the noise aside and live with God in Christ, enjoying the whisper of who I really am through His Spirit.

Prayer
Father you are so faithful.  You always complete what you start, and I amthankful that you have begun a work in me.  Jesus, I ask that you help me surrender my life to you on a daily basis that I might learn what it means to live in and with you.  In your name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment