Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Thursday, March 1, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 16 Oscar Dupuy

To READ this chapter click here.









Scripture
1 Corinthians 16:2
On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

Observation
Paul encouraged the Church in Corinth to be intentional about giving.  If they were to set aside a small amount according their income it would be enough to collect and bless others who would be in greater need.  Paul wanted to make sure that others would be blessed by the generosity of the Church in Corinth however, it was going to take a sense of intentionality.

Application
What if I would set a small amount of money every pay check to give away to others in need.  What if that small amount accumulated to a greater amount over time or added onto some other amounts with friends to serve someone else.  Generosity begins in being intentional.  Unless I am intentional about giving more than likely it won’t happen.  There are many who are in need but sometimes I am caught not having anything saved up to give.  Generosity will only begin to be a way of life if I intentionally do it.

Prayer
Jesus you know who needs.  Help me to be wise with the resources you have given me so that I could give more.  Train my thinking in such a way that saving to give is automatic.  I desire to be generous, so I ask that you might teach me how.  You gave your life for the sake of the others, show me how to do the same. In your name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment