Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 15 Oscar Dupuy

To READ this chapter click here.









Scripture
1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Observation
It is because of the resurrection of Christ that we have hope.  Hope in knowing that we too will be resurrected and be with Jesus one day.  Hope in knowing that our current reality is not the end of the story no matter how great or bad it may seem.  Jesus resurrection is the linchpin of my hope in him.  So because he is alive and well I could stand firm, and let nothing move me.

Application
Without the resurrection of Christ all that I do and hope for would be in vain.  I have staked all that I am and my understanding of this world in his resurrection.  All that he said he was and can do is proven in his resurrection.  Therefore I stand on solid ground when loss or pain comes my way, because he has promised to walk with me through it all.  Because of His resurrection I can trust Him enough to surrender myself fully to whatever work he wants to do in or through me.

Prayer
Father I praise you and honor you for you are worthy of all praise, honor, and glory.  Who is like you that can defeat death and sin?  Who is like you that can create light out of darkness or summon the seasons it perfect rhythm?  There is non.  So father I surrender to your majesty.  I surrender to your power.  You are trustworthy.  Help me to grasp the implications of your resurrection.  In Christ name.

No comments:

Post a Comment