Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Saturday, March 3, 2012

S.O.A.P. II Corinthians 1 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
2 Corinthians 1:21-22
Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Observation
With the many difficulties Paul found himself in he goes back to what held him together, Jesus.  It wasn’t his schooling, his good looks, his network of people, or status in the Churches that stood him firm through his hardships.  God brought him into the world, God awakened him to His reality, God set him apart for His purposes, God placed His Spirit in him as a deposit guaranteeing what is to come.

Application
My life began by God, is sustained by God, and held together by Him as well.  Sometimes I just forget that everything is all about Christ and not me.  Jesus set me apart for his purposes and placed His Spirit in me.  I am tempted he to think that His purpose is to use me yet that would make things about myself.  God created me to enjoy Him and for Him to enjoy me till the end of my life and beyond.

Prayer
Father I praise you for you faithful and true to who you are.  You are God alone and no one is like you.  Forgive me for thinking that I have what it takes to run my life better than you can.  Grant me the awareness of your strength, your Spirit in me, and the truth of who I really am in You.  In Christ name.

No comments:

Post a Comment