Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, March 26, 2012

S.O.A.P. Galatians 3 Carlos Herrera


To READ this chapter click here.









Scripture
Galatians 3:
Consequently, it is clear that no one can ever be right with God by trying to keep the law. For scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”

Observation
It doesn’t matter how good we try to be, there is no way we can be made right before God because of our goodness. Yet this is actually what our culture believes. If I’m a good person then I must be in good standing with God.

Application
I’m made right with God because I have put my full trust (that is what faith is – trust) in Jesus, yet at different times in my life I have seen that I’m still trying to earn my love from God. I’m still trying to please Him. But that goes against everything that Jesus died for. I’m already made right with God because of what Jesus did. I just need to surrender my life to that truth. This is a daily surrender. I surrender and trust – saying with my life that I trust that God is God and I don’t need to take control of circumstances and people around me.

Prayer
Lord, teach me to trust You fully. Teach me to surrender my will and my ways and rest in You. Lord I long to rest in You in greater ways. Allow me to delight in Your presence and let life flow from there. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment