Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Galatians 5 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.








Scripture
Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Observation
Through the work of Christ on the Cross the Galatians were set free.  Free from the belief that they had to earn their right standing with God.  Free from giving into the temptation of trying to please others and God.  Free from the law that kept them in bondage to trying to maintain a right relationship with God or wondering if they were good enough.

Application
In Christ we are free.  Free from the bondage of sinful destructive patterns in our lives.  Through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ we are free to enjoy God and be enjoyed by God.  We are free to do what we like yet not all the we like is best for us.  There is a lot of freedom in Christ yet not everything will produce the kind of fruit that is best Jesus desires.  Just because we could do and be anything we desire, doesn’t mean we should do them.  Jesus’ death wasn’t a free ticket for me to run wild and guiltless.  He desires for me to stay close to the things that matter most to Him and to do life with Him.

Prayer
Father I praise you and I thank you that I am free to be and do all that you have created me to do.  There are so many options that seem good but I want to do what is best with you.  Help me to stand firm and focused on you.  In your name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment