Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

S.O.A.P. Galatians 1 Carlos Herrera


To READ this chapter click here.









Scripture
Galatians 1:10
Obviously, I’m not trying to be a people pleaser! No, I’m trying to please God. If I were still trying to please people, I would not be Christ’s servant.

Observation
We can’t serve two gods – people & God. But we actually do it all the time. We are more concerned with impressing our boss, parents, spouse, friends, and even people that we don’t know, then God. But it can’t be done. Paul is clearly stating that if we are still trying to please people we can’t truly be servants of Christ.

Application
This is very difficult! I love people…that’s why I’m a pastor. I want people to grow and be content in their lives. But many times the things that people want from me may seem good and innocent but are actually immature and not even good for them in the big picture. So I sometimes struggle with pleasing people or God. I must admit that sometimes I give in because I don’t want to hurt people.

Prayer
Lord, I need Your wisdom. There are many times that the most loving thing I can do to someone is tell them no – even if they don’t like it. This is hard for me at times but I want to honor You above all things. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment