Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

S.O.A.P. Romans 13 Oscar Dupuy





To READ this chapter click here.

Scripture

Romans 13:1

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.



Observation

God has placed people in positions of authority for a reason.  Whoever is in authority now, God has allowed for whatever reason.  Some are good and others would seem horrible at exercising their authority.  Never the less my parents, my boss, the laws of the land are all placed by God.  Without people in places of authority we would be a people without restraint and chaotic.



Application

There are some authority figures in my life that I feel I don’t owe any respect even though God has placed them there.  Some authority figures abused their position and neglected their responsibility, yet want to be recognized for their position more than calling.  If God had allowed them to be in that spot, then the least I could do is submit to God by submitting to them, honor God by respecting their authority.

Prayer

Father help me to pay who I owe what they deserve.  I don’t want to owe anyone anything.  Because you place people in authority, I want to honor those in authority in my life.  In Jesus’ name.

No comments:

Post a Comment