Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

S.O.A.P. Romans 14 Carlos Herrera



To READ this chapter click here.

Scripture
Romans 14:14
I know and am convinced on the authority of the Lord Jesus that no food, in and of itself, is wrong to eat. But if someone believes it is wrong, then for that person it is wrong.

Observation
The Bible has A LOT to say about food.  It’s amazing how much food is mentioned in the Bible.  This verse lets me know that spiritual growth is not affected by what I eat, even though there are many people within the Christian world that do not eat many things because of the laws in the Old Testament.

Application
I have the freedom to eat whatever I want.  There is no sin in any particular food in of itself.  But times have changed since Paul wrote this letter to the Romans in the first century.  In Paul’s time, they did not have a problem with obesity or many of the health problems that are so common to us today because of the type and amounts of food that we eat.  So yes, I can eat anything and it’s not sinful, but my eating habits and amounts can be. If I’m damaging my body and I’m not caring for it, I’m sinning against my body and I’m even putting myself in a place where I might not be able to be fully used by God because my body won’t let me.

Prayer
Lord, I want to honor You with my body.  I have to confess that for the last few years, I have not cared for my body in a way that honors You.  Help me to have a healthy understanding of how to honor You by the body that I care for, this body that You have entrusted to my care. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment