Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

S.O.A.P. Romans 12:2 Oscar Dupuy





The READ this chapter click here.

Scripture

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Observation

God’s will is good, pleasing, and perfect.  It is not of this world.  It is something we conform to.  As I surrender myself to God I conform to his will like wax to a mold.  God’s will is what he desires-- period.  It is not something that is hidden to me but revealed as I align my thoughts and heart’s desire to his will.


Application

Often the question is asked-- what is God’s will for my life, marriage, my future, my relationship with the significant other, etc.  Due to our consumeristic mindset we think that God exists for us.  The question what God’s will for my life is lends itself to the thinking that God needs to conform to my will, my plans, my desires, my future…  What I want is not always what is best for me or in line with what God’s will is.  In fact we go against God’s will anytime we follow our will and not his.  My will is not ultimately perfect, completely good, and pleasing.  God’s will is for me to conform to his.  


Prayer

Father I do pray that you would help me to die to myself and live for you.  May I continue to decrease so that you may increase more in my life.  Help me conform to your will and undo any ideas that are false about you.  In Jesus’ name.

No comments:

Post a Comment