Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 9 Carlos Herrera




To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
I Corinthians 9:26-27So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

Observation
I love Paul’s humility here. He understands that even though he may know a lot and may be a great preacher – if he is not disciplined in his connection with God, he might be disqualified. He doesn’t feel like he is above being disqualified simple because of what he has done up to this point in his life.

Application
This lets me know that if I’m not constantly training on my spiritual life and am completely focused on the main goal I might lose focus and end up disqualifying myself from what I was created for. Somehow it’s so tempting to think that I’m the exception. We all think we are the exception.

Prayer
Lord, help me to keep the “main thing” the main thing – which is my connection with You. Let me run straight to the goal with purpose in every step. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment