Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 8 Carlos Herrera



To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
I Corinthians 8:1b-2
…while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church. 2 Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much.

Observation
Knowledge is important, but there are things that are much more important…love. Knowledge tends to puff the religious ego if it’s not flowing from a heart of love. Most importantly, knowledge doesn’t build a church…love does.

Application
It’s easy to know something and its information have no effect on my life. I know way too much about the importance of wise investments, but my life doesn’t reflect it all that much. That’s why knowledge can never be my way to view the world. Love is the lense that was created to view the world and engage it. First, to love God and then to love others as I love myself!

Prayer
Lord, help me to love well. Help me to have love be the primer to my knowledge and actions. May I love like You love. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment