Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 10 Carlos Herrera


To READ this chapter click here.








Scripture
I Corinthians 10:12
If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall. 13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

Observation
Jesus was the perfect example of humility. And He was big on teaching about it as well. Paul and the rest of the New Testament have a very strong underlining of humility thought out it. Here is another example of living in constant humility. The moment I think I’m standing strong “above” sin, I’m a lot closer to falling into sin then when I humbly understand that I’m vulnerable and never “above” being able to fall.

Application
As a pastor, I constantly see people in sins that are destroying them and I have to constantly remind myself that I’m not “above” their situation, but instead I’m simply standing on grace that I don’t deserve – and that I’m called to give the same grace that I have been blessed with.  So instead of being above anyone, I simply walk with them through their sin and love them as God does His work in them.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for Your protection and grace. Thank You for keeping me from so many things that could have destroyed the very things that I love. Cleanse me and make me whole. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment