Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Friday, February 24, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 11 Carlos Herrera


To READ this chapter click here.








Scripture
I Corinthians 11:11-12
But among the Lord’s people, women are not independent of men, and men are not independent of women. 12 For although the first woman came from man, every other man was born from a woman, and everything comes from God.

Observation
Throughout history there has always been a great struggle in understanding what scripture says about the role of men and women in the home and in the church. All cultures read into the Bible their own bias, especially in interpreting male and female roles.

Application
I have had to do a lot of “unlearning” in order to engage the conversation about the roles of men and women. I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn and “unlearn” but I feel very strongly that the church (in general) has marginalized women from leadership - and it’s wrong. It’s a wrong understanding of what the whole story of scripture is trying to teach us.

Prayer
Lord, please give me wisdom and understanding beyond my years. Give me a passion and thirst for truth – truth sets me free. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment