Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Friday, February 24, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 12 Carlos Herrera


To READ this chapter click here.Here









Scripture
I Corinthians 12:31b
But now let me show you a way of life that is best of all.

Observation
This whole chapter is talking about “spiritual gifts.” These are special abilities that God gives us once we surrender our lives to Him. These special abilities are given to us for the benefit of the church. In this chapter, Paul unpacks very clearly what some of these “spiritual gifts/abilities” are.

Application
As important as these gifts might be, this specific verse makes a pause to say that “love” is much more important than whatever “spiritual gifts” we may have. This is so important! It does not matter how great of a pastor, preacher, leader, etc. I might become – if love is not at the heart of what I do it’s meaningless.

Prayer
Lord, it’s so good to know that what you most want “for” me is to delight in Your love, and what You most want “from” me is to love You and to love others well. Everything flows from that. Help me to live that out more and more each day. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment