Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, February 13, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 1 Carlos Herrera




To READ this chapter click here.

Scripture
I Corinthians 1:2 We are writing to the church of God in Corinth, you who have been called by God to be his own holy people.  He made you holy by means of Christ Jesus, just as he did all Christians everywhere – whoever calls upon the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and theirs.

Observation
Out of all the churches that Paul writes to in the New Testament, the church of Corinth is by far the most dysfunctional and sinful.  This church had all kinds of problems.  They were divided and constantly fighting. They had huge problems with prostitution and adultery.  And yet they are called God’s “holy people”.  They were made holy by means of Jesus Christ.

Application
In my own life, I see that it’s easier for me to see myself as a sinner and not as a holy person.   Yet in God’s eyes I’m made holy.  I think if I viewed myself this way I would live in holiness more.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for making me holy and righteous before You.  I ask that You would allow me to live in holiness.  Give me a hunger and thirst for righteousness and holiness. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment