Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, January 31, 2012

S.O.A.P. Romans 10 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.

Scripture
Romans 10:14-15
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

Observation
Paul longed for the Israelites to all come to know Jesus.  He lived out this passage in a way that it not only impacted the Jews but also beyond to the Gentiles.  With all he had he believed that anyone who called upon the name of Jesus could be saved.  For Paul he wanted the Jews to know and experience the liberating power of Jesus through His Spirit.  However, that wouldn’t be possible if Christ wasn’t demonstrated in Paul’s action not just words.

Application
I can’t expect people to believe in someone let alone trust them if they have never heard of them.  I could think of many people that are relatives and friends that I pray for in hopes of them coming to know Jesus.  And that is good but I hope soon or later I get to share with them the difference Jesus had made in my life.  However, my words wont mean much if I don’t know Jesus, I know him if I don’t spend time with him.  If Jesus is what they need how much more of him do  I need of him so that he could spill over into the lives of others.


Prayer
May you fill me in such a way that I may know you and others would could experience you through me.  May my words, deeds, and disposition scream louder than the words I speak of you.  Send me Lord to those that need to hear about you.  Give me the boldness I need to tell of your power and love.  In your name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment