Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, May 7, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Timothy 6 Carlos Herrera













Scripture
1 Timothy 6:17
Tell those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which will soon be gone. But their trust should be in the living God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.

Observation
This is such a rich and powerful verse. There is too much in this to unpack but the most important thing in this verse is that the words “the rich in this world” is talking to me. In fact it’s talking to 95% of the people that live in the US. If we live in the US, we are the rich of this world.

Application
I love that God wants to bless me in such a way that all my needs are met and that I can enjoy life. The problem is that it’s so easy for me to meet my own needs so many times. I make enough to eat and live, therefore I don’t always depend on God. So even if my income can meet my needs, I need to understand that God is the one that is providing my needs through my income. Ultimately He is the one that is meeting my needs.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for always taking care of me. You have always blessed me beyond my needs and even expectations. You have been extremely generous to me. I don’t need all that You so richly blessed me with. You are amazingly good! My full trust is in You – with lots or with little I have learned to fully depend on You. Thank You! In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment