Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SOAP Hebrews 5 Johnny Jimenez


click to read chapter here










Scripture
Hebrews 5:11-12
I have a lot more to say about this, but it is hard to get it across to you since you’ve picked up this bad habit of not listening. By this time you ought to be teachers yourselves, yet here I find you need someone to sit down with you and go over the basics on God again starting form square one—baby’s milk, when you should have been on solid food long ago!

Observation
These Jewish Christians were immature. They were reluctant to move beyond age-old traditions, established doctrines and discussion of the basics. They wouldn’t be able to understand the high priestly role of Christ unless they moved out of their comfortable position, cut some of their Jewish ties and stopped trying to blend in with their culture. Commitment to Christ moves people out of their comfort zones. (from my study bible)

Application
I really need to work on listening to God and being obedient. This verse is so me and I have no one to blame but myself.

Prayer
Precious heavenly Father, I thank you for being such a merciful, loving and patient God. Father forgive me for my spiritual laziness and fill me with a passionate love for you, your Word and others. Thank you for how much you have been working in my life and for never giving up on me. I know I do not deserve your love and am so grateful you shower me with it day after day. I pray you continue to place people in my life that strengthen my walk with you. I pray that when I read your Word I may hear your voice clearly and grow daily in my understanding of who You are and what I was created for. I pray this in Jesus’ name…

No comments:

Post a Comment