Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, May 29, 2012

S.O.A.P. Hebrews 4 Hope


To read this package click here.









Scripture
Hebrews 4:15-16
This High Priest of ours understand our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

Observation
Jesus mediates our relationship with God. Since he became human for our sake, he has faced all of the trials that we face, but he did not sin. However, even though he is perfect, he has compassion on us when we mess up. Because of him, we can boldly come before God, and because of who He is, he extends us mercy and grace. We do not need to fear coming before Him.

Application
Because of Jesus, I can go to God with anything and he will forgive me and listen to me. I can trust that he is merciful and gracious. When I most need God, he promises that he will be there. I will never be beyond God’s reach.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for your promises. Thank you that you are full of mercy and grace. Thank you that I can come before you in prayer because of Jesus Christ. Please help me to remember your promises and to seek your face daily in prayer. In Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment