Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, April 30, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Timothy 3 Carlos Herrera


Top READ this chapter click here.










Scripture
1 Timothy 3:15
…you will know how people must conduct themselves in the household of God. This is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and support of the truth.

Observation
The Church of God is a BIG deal. He does not take the church lightly. He is building it and that is the path that He chose to reveal himself to the world.  There is no plan B – we are it.  You and I (not an organization) are the church. It is the pillar of the truth.

Application
For a long time I wanted nothing to do with the church - although I was growing spiritually. I thought I could be a Christ follower without being in a church setting. In time I found out that it was unbiblical to be a Christ follower and not be fully active in a church.  The church of God is flawed and imperfect because human beings like me are part of it…but that is the point. Scripture tells us to make allowances for each other’s faults.  

Prayer
Lord, thank You that You have given me a love for Your church. I know that I have a long way to go in getting the true picture of the church but You have brought me a long way in my understand and love for Your bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment