Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Thursday, April 19, 2012

S.O.A.P. 1 Thessalonians 4 Carlos Herrera


To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
I Thessalonians 4:11
This should be your ambition: to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we commanded you before.

Observation
Ambition is a word that gets a lot of bad press. Ambition is talked about as if it’s something bad and worldly. Ambition like most things is neutral. Ambition in itself is not bad or good. The problem is that in our culture we usually associate ambition with divineness, money, and moving up the ladder of success.

Application
I have a driven personality. This means that it comes easy for me to be ambitious for the wrong things – things that don’t last – things that seem important but only in the short term. I love that scripture teaches me how to redirect my tendencies. I don’t have to die to my ambition, but I have had learn (and continue to do so) how to direct my ambition in a way that brings life and honors God and others around me.

Prayer
Lord, thank You for Your Word! Thank You for this love letter that we call Scripture. In it I constantly find myself but most importantly I find You. Thank You for Your willingness to make Yourself known through it. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment