Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

S.O.A.P. 1 Thessalonians 3 Carlos Herrera


To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
I Thessalonians 3:12
And may the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else, just as our love overflows toward you.

Observation
This whole chapter seems so paternal. It’s like Paul is really writing to his children - his love and sincere concern for the Thessalonians jumps off the page. Paul is asking them to get to a place where their love overflows towards others. And that is exactly what Paul is doing…his love overflows towards them.

Application
Paul was so effective in ministry (and life) because he loved in the same way that he was being loved by God. It seems that through the pages of the New Testament we see Paul simply loving those that he came in contact with. Sometimes it was tough love and other times it was sacrificial love. But it was always love! This inspires me to do all in life from a place of love, but I always have to be sure to be connected to the source of love so that my love is an overflow and not a human desire from human efforts.

Prayer
Lord, I must admit that I don’t know how to love well. Please teach me to love the way that You created me to love. Holy Spirit I ask that You take control of my life this day. Guide me and direct me. I’m Yours! In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment