Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, April 16, 2012

S.O.A.P. 1 Thessalonians 1 Carlos Herrera

To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
I Thessalonians 1:5
Because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

Observation
The word “power” in this verse jumps out. The Gospel is alive and powerful. It has the power of transformation and healing. It’s not just words – it’s a message that changes what it touches. It’s a person (Holy Spirit) that takes words and brings about change.

Application
This lets me know that I live within the power of God’s Spirit. I (we) have been called to live in His power and for His glory. Many times I don’t feel like I’m living in the power of the Holy Spirit, but that happens when I’m not creating room for the Holy Spirit to be reigning in my life.

Prayer
Holy and precious Lord, thank You for sending Your Spirit! Thank You for allowing us to consistently live within Your power instead of our own. Help me to surrender to Your Spirit this day. Guide me and direct me – I’m all Yours! In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment