Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, April 9, 2012

Philippians 4 Oscar Dupuy

To READ this chapter click here.










Scripture
Philippians 4:11-12
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Observation
Being content was something that Paul learned throughout his journey in life.  It wasn’t something that he just felt it was something he learned.  It began as a practice for him.  He trained his soul to be mind and heart to be steadfast in Christ with much or with little.  For Paul Jesus was enough.

Application
How many people can really say that they are content in life.  It seems like most of the people that I meet are constantly striving for more even when they already have much.  Or I meet people that are working to the bone for more and in the process not even enjoying life.  Yet those that seem to be content the most are those that enjoy the moment and practice being thankful.  The most content people that I know are the ones that focus on all they have, not what they don’t have.  They have made it a practice to silent their hearts desires for anything else but the moment.  For them Jesus is enough.

Prayer
Father you have faithful to me.  You have given me so much and I often find myself desiring more.  Grant me a heart of contentment.  Jesus I want you to be my satisfaction.  You are everything I need.  In your name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment