Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Friday, March 9, 2012

S.O.A.P. II Corinthians 6 Carlos Herrera


To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
II Corinthians 6:3
We try to live in such a way that no one will be hindered from finding the Lord by the way we act, and so no one can find fault with our ministry.

Observation
This is speaking specifically about people outside the church that don’t know Christ. It’s saying that ministry should be done in such a way that we don’t turn people off and hinder what God is already doing in their lives.

Application
It’s easy for me to surround myself with too much Christian stuff--Christian people, Christian work, Christian music (well, not really), Christian books, Christian everything… This is actually horrible! When I’m surrounded by too much Christian stuff, I lose passion and sensitivity for those that are outside the family of God and desperately long for a fresh and real way to do life. I need friends that are far from God…I need to always do ministry in a way that will be inviting to those that don’t know God.

Prayer
Lord, give me a passion for people that don’t know you. Allow my heart to break for the things that break Your heart, and give me wisdom to do life and ministry way in such a way that it produces thirst in others instead of being a hindrance. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment