Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

S.O.A.P. II Corinthians 3 Carlos Herrera

 To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
II Corinthians 3:18
And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more.

Observation
If we have surrendered our lives, then the veil has been taken off and the story of God in humanity makes sense. Once this happens, the Holy Spirit takes residence within us and slowly begins to transform us into people that reflect the character of Christ. That is what it means to be a Christ follower.

Application
It still amazes me that I was created to reflect the glory of God. That is beyond my grasp. None the less, I have to adjust my life so that I’m allowing the Holy Spirit to do this work within me. I can’t expect the Spirit of God to make me more like Christ if I don’t do the basic things (prayer, scripture reading, worship, small group, etc.) to create room in my soul for the Holy Spirit to do His work within me.

Prayer
Oh Lord, I desperately need you to give me a passion and hunger for you. Help me to fall in love with you in greater ways. I’m all Yours! In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment