Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

S.O.A.P. II Corinthians 2 Carlos Herrera


To READ this chapter click here.





Scripture
II Corinthians 2:3
That is why I wrote as I did in my last letter, so that when I do come, I will not be made sad by the very ones who ought to give me the greatest joy. Surely you know that my happiness depends on your happiness.

Observation
When I first read this verse may years ago, I was taken back that Paul’s happiness depended on something other than God. How could Paul’s happiness depend on things that are outside his control?

Application
After many years of being a pastor, I completely understand what Paul says here. I have learned that my “joy” is completely dependent on God. It doesn’t matter the circumstances – I can have joy. But happiness is a whole different story. As a pastor I hurt so much for people (especially when I see them go out of their way to not make God a priority) and yet the growth of others is one of my greatest reasons for happiness in life.

Prayer
Lord, I know that You have given me a pastor’s heart. I ask that you put people under my care that would grow, flourish, and live out Your calling in their lives. In Jesus name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment