Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Saturday, March 17, 2012

S.O.A.P II Corinthians 11 Oscar Dupuy

To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
2 Corinthians 11:3
But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Observation
The church in Corinth seemed to have been led astray from the purity of their relationship with Jesus.  It was Jesus to whom they surrendered and fell in love with but somehow they were being deceived and led astray.  It was Jesus who called them to walk with Him.  Yet somehow through what others have been saying, they were being led astray in their devotion and affection to Jesus.

Application
It is so easy to be led astray from our first love – Jesus.  Success, failure, items, lack of items, how things make us feel or not all can easily mislead our attention from Christ.  What matters most is the constant, rhythmic way of life with Christ that keeps us focused on Him and Him alone.  Much like a compass that requires to be turned to the north to know its direction.  Jesus is our true north.  Jesus was and is the good news and the devil would love to pervert the sufficiency of that.

Prayer
Father  you are so good to me.  You desire my attention and affection more than anything else.  In my being with you my mind and heart is satisfied.  I ask that you may help me to surrender more of myself that you may permeate my every thought and not be mislead by what this world has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment