Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Saturday, March 31, 2012

Philippians 2 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.









Scripture
Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Observation
You wonder if the church in Philippi with looking out for themselves, let alone others.  It is kind of hard to value others when your stuck on your self.  When everything is about you, there isn’t a lot of room for others to be considered.

Application
In the culture that I live in this passage is not very relevant or cool, it would be counter cultural.  What is valued is one looking out for themselves and taking care of their before anyone else.  Yet the church , communities, the world would a much a better place if we would simply value others.  Selfishness is a strong current that needs to be faced with humility.  People matter to God and so should I.

Prayer
Father I thank you that you saw the world worth dying for.  You saw people worth living for as well.  People matter to you Jesus and so I ask that you may break my heart for people.  That I would be able to join in the restoration that you are doing in my surrounding.  In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment