Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, February 13, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 3 Oscar Dupuy




To READ this chapter click here.

Scripture
1 Corinthians 3:7
So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

Observation
Paul cared more about God getting all the credits than himself.  Nothing was more important to Paul than pointing everything back to Jesus being the center of everything and the cause of any fruits of ministry.  He didn’t see himself entitled to any credit for the work in the lives of people.  He understood that he was only a part of what God was doing in the lives of others.


Application
How foolish it is to think that my clever presentations, wise words, and charismatic personality is what brings about change in the heart of others.  How foolish it is to think that God needs me, my abilities, talents and gifts to accomplish what he wants.  Being used by God is simply a byproduct of being connected to His voice via His word, His Spirit, circumstances, and others.  At the end of the day it is Christ who gets all the credit for everything, not me.

Prayer
Father you are always at work all around me.  I could easily being the good work yet miss out the great work that you have called me.  Give me ears to here and eyes to see what you might be inviting into.  Guard my heart from arrogance into thinking that you couldn’t do it without me.   In Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment