Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 14 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.









Scripture
1 Corinthians 14:12
So it is with you. Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church.

Observation
God has given the church spiritual gifts and individuals as well.  There is nothing wrong with exercising the spiritual gift of speaking in tongues, Paul encourages it yet it wouldn’t make any sense if it is only done to show off the gift and there is no understanding of what is being said.  Spiritual gifts are meant to build the Church not puff it up.  God desires for his gifts to help the church in its development, not to lose credibility in its exercise.    

Application
What good is it for me to speak in tongues if no one really understands what I would be saying.  Its seems like that would be easy to fake.  God doesn’t give us spiritual gifts only for ourselves but for others and himself.  If I am not using the gifts God has given me for the building of His Church then what is it I am using it for.  How can I allow God to use His gifts in me for others?  How can I be considerate of others who may not understand what I am doing yet be faithful to the gifts he has given me.
Prayer
Father fan into flame the gifts you have given me for the building of your church.  You have called me to take part of the work you are do in all around me with the gifts you have given me.  Show me how I could die to my own agendas and allow you to work through the gifts you have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment