Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Sunday, January 29, 2012

S.O.A.P. Romans 8 Carlos Herrera

To READ this chapter click here.



Scripture
Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

Observation
This is telling me that we don’t really know how to pray.  But the good news is that the Holy Spirit is constantly working to correct our prayers before God.

Application
This lets me know that there is no wrong way to pray as long as my heart is in the right place. It’s good to know that God is not impressed or disappointed with my prayers.  Instead His Spirit helps me connect with Himself since I can’t do it.  All God wants me to do is create the space in my life to actually pray.  What a loving and wonderful God!

Prayer
Lord, these very words are being corrected as I write them. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You that You care so much about me…that You are so involved in my life.  That You desire to connect with me so much that You are willing to correct my inability to speak to You.  Lord, I’m all yours! Do with me as You will.  In Jesus name, amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment