Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, May 28, 2012

S.O.A.P. Hebrews 3 Hope


To read this passage click here.










Scripture
Hebrews 3:16, 19
And who was it who rebelled against God, even though they heard his voice? Wasn’t it the people Moses led out of Egypt?... So we see that because of their unbelief they were not able to enter his rest.

Observation
Even though God delivered the Israelites from slavery and they actually heard his voice and felt his presence, they still rebelled against God. They doubted him and turned to their own ways instead of obeying him. They missed out on God’s rest because they did not believe him and his promises.

Application
God has done many great things in my life. I have felt his presence. Yet, I still doubt him. I still try to take control instead of surrendering to God. However, this ultimately leads to anxiety and I miss out on the good things that God intended for me, including the rest that only he can provide. I need to trust God instead of doubting his goodness and trying to take control.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for being real in my life. Thank you for the many ways that you provide daily for me and for the ways I can see that you have been working in my life. Please forgive me for doubting you. Please help me to trust you and to enter your rest. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment