Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Monday, March 12, 2012

S.O.A.P. II Corinthians 7 Oscar Dupuy


To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
2 Corinthians 7:11
See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.

Observation
Paul’s joy was that what he wrote to the Church would lead them to changing their affection to God and responding to God.  Although what he said was difficult, it proved to be true and godly.  Their response was godly as well.   It lead them to come clean before God, Paul, and each other.  It gave them a since of freedom to do what is right and true.
However, it came at the cost of them admitting the reality of their life.

Application
It is not easy to share with someone words that are true but yet addresses the root cause of a destructive behavior or way of life.  Most people would shy away from saying such a thing much less admit that they were wrong.  However, when it is done from a place of love and conviction the chances of the recipient’s response to be repentance becomes higher.   If what is being said true about me or anyone, though it might be hard to swallow, then the right thing to do is to allow God to use it for what ever area that wants to work on in my life.  I don’t need to get defensive or mouthy.  Embracing the truth will lead to freedom.

Prayer
Father I do pray that you would help me walk in the truth of your word and all that your word would want to do in me.  I see that true will set me free.  Give me the courage to step into what ever you might to say to me so that I could be set free from area of denial.  In Jesus Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment