Welcome to Knesset הַכְּנֶסֶת...The Journey Church gathering place


Thursday, February 16, 2012

S.O.A.P. I Corinthians 6 Oscar Dupuy




To READ this chapter click here.






Scripture
1 Corinthians 6:11
And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Observation
Even the early church wasn’t ideal.  One would think that the early church had things figured out and were models to the future church.  There was sexual immoral and disputes of many kinds.  Yet Paul reminds them about who they are now.  Old habits and lifestyles have been buried yet have roots that like to grow.  Paul wanted to remind them of who they are in light of who they were.

Application
All of us need reminders of who we were and who we are in Christ.  I am not the man I used to be.  Yet there are remnants of that old man.  You can’t deny who you were, but that doesn’t mean I can’t live out who I am now – forgiven, set free, set apart for God’s purposes, right with God, and empowered by his Spirit to live out the new man I am today.

Prayer
Father I praise you and worship you for who you are.  Thank you so much for washing away all of my sins and giving me your Spirit to live out your purposes in my life.  I surrender to you today all that I am so you may show yourself strong.  In Christ’s Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment